Friday, April 3, 2009

teacher in training

Doing pre-reading and while reading in a go is really challenging as it was separated from the set induction. By doing this, the flow of what I want to teach might be interrupted as the gap between the sessions is wide thus student tend to forget what the teacher has said during set induction session.

My experience doing the activities for pre-reading and while reading are not that great as I am the last person to do so. People always said that if you perform the last, you need to be the best. For me, I don’t know. After all, that day was the longest lecture I ever have (only 4 and half hour, no big deal). For me, I used to that already, but to do simulated teaching (meaning to stay in the class for that period)in that time if the most ‘memorable’ moment.

During that time (simulated teaching), the clock was almost 12.20 p.m. everyone have finish their turn except for me. So I quickly go in front and present whatever that I have for them (my students). I present so quick that my course mate need to ask for the worksheet given. Luckily there are extras, so I gave it to them. During the simulated teaching, I straight away give my worksheet and ask my students to complete them. Looking at my course mate, the only thing in my mind is to finish it fast so that we can be dismissed. I just don’t care about the marks given to me as long as it is done. (I do mind)

If I was given another opportunity to do simulated teaching on the same subject again, I’m sure that I will be more prepared compared to this as the time given to present would be sufficient. I’m sure also that if the activity is done thoroughly without interruption (meaning simulated teaching is done in one go), the flow of what to be taught will be easily accepted by the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment